Becoming an english teacher isnt really so bad. BUT OF COURSE... the students need to co-operate. haha... sometimes i laughed at myself for taking the risk..doing something that i myself not capable of in terms of academic. Up till now, i simply amazed that the HOD really trust me to teach the whole level of sec 1 history... set exam papers for them somemore... For english..she told me to just go through their textbook and that's all. hurhur..so engaging.
Like duh! Despite the fact im only a relief teacher without any prior training qualifications.. i simply becoming a dedicated teacher. This to ensure that the students enjoys what they are learning and goes inside their brain.
There was this moment i forgot to think before i say out...and it sure sounds so english-karat! I wanted to pinjam my student's pencil. And so i said... "Pencil got?"
He was surprised to hear what he just heard. I'm supposed to be an English teacher..remember? So like duh, the students have an expectation on u. It was certainly embarassing! But we all laughed about it.
Still, deep down..i really feel like i let down myself. At that point of time, i felt im not good enough for them.
However, its a good thing i made them do journals. I didnt thought some of them would actually talk about me. They were giving feedbacks about the way i teach. To my surprise, the feedbacks are good! I was like... was i really that great? hahah...
Oh well, one of them really touched me. He's the chairman from my favourite class. A friendly joker too. He wrote...
I have a new english teacher. Her name is Ms Azizah. She is sweet and kind. She also a clown in our class. She always make us laugh. Hope she could be here for the whole semester.
Aww... isnt that the sweetest thing to hear. Sadly, today he and his friend tease me overboard..i simply had to shut them. I guess..you need to know your limits. When its time to joke..then yeah..when its time to study/learn..let's get serious. (oh well..they call me fat. they said i put on weight today. i got alot of babats... and they even make a peribahasa on me) i did take it easy... coz i do know they are just joking.. but they didnt stop. That make me so furious. I shall not wear this long sleeve orange shirt. I shall not.
Nevertherless, the class know how to win my heart. One even came up to me and asked why i look so sad. We did music comprehension for English...based on Jason Mraz 'Im Yours'. The whole class sing in harmony.. and when they chance upon the word 'im yours' ...they said it out loud and clear. Well, at least i could smile a little despite being disappointed with my best student.
There's something to look forward each day and that's my students. I'm all yours. 